Thursday, April 21, 2011

Coraline

Dakota Fanning, Teri Hatcher
Directed by Henry Selick
Rating: 4 stars

After moving to a new home, Coraline (Dakota Fanning) finds herself bored. Her parents are too busy to pay her much attention and so Coraline wanders around the apartment building looking for something to do. She finds a small hidden door in the wall and when she goes through, finds herself in a parallel universe where her parents are nicer and her home is a lot more fun. But when her mother (Teri Hatcher) wants to replace her eyes with buttons, Coraline realizes she must escape before it's too late.

I really enjoyed Coraline. After searching for something to watch on tv, I stumbled upon this movie and though I had missed the first thirty minutes, it wasn't so hard to catch up on what was going on. (I later found it playing On-Demand so I ended up re-watching the whole movie.) It was pretty entertaining and the best part is it's only 96 minutes! Which means it doesn't drag on and you don't get bored with it. I would recommend this movie for those who enjoyed Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas and for those who enjoy animated, kinda-weird, movies. It's enjoyable for kids and teenagers at least. I would give this a try if you're looking for something to watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment