Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Time Traveler's Wife

Eric Bana, Rachel McAdams
Directed by Robert Schwentke
Rating: B+

Claire Abshire (Rachel McAdams) has known Henry DeTamble (Eric Bana) since she was six years old when she met him in a field behind her house. Henry has come in and out of Claire's life in different ages because he is a time-traveler. Somehow, his world seems to revolve around Claire by the fact that he mostly reappears around her. It isn't until she reaches her twenties that Henry re-appears again. This time their relationship changes to a more romantic one, now that Claire is old enough. Only, being a time-traveler, Henry gets a sneak peek into his future and it's not as pleasant as it should be.

The Times Traveler's Wife is a really good book. The movie did a good job and as you can probably tell from the title, it's a chick-flick. I believe most girls would enjoy this movie. It's got romance, drama, a bit of a teary-eyed ending; if you like any of those things in a movie you will enjoy The Time Travelers Wife. I thought it deserved a B+ because it's got good quality and like I mentioned before, I think most people will like it. I did read the book after I watched the movie and there was some things I wish had been included but I took the movie as it was. If you liked this movie, I would definitely recommend reading the book because you will enjoy it even more than you did the movie. In my opinion the book is rated young adult while the movie has a PG-13 rating, the movie is not too inappropriate (though there is cursing). Not to pick on the stereotype of girls, but if you need a girls night out, invite the girls over and watch this!

No comments:

Post a Comment