Monday, January 16, 2012

Tangled

Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi, Donna Murphy
Directed by Nathan Greno, Byron Howard
Rating: B

This is a story about Rapunzel (Moore) and how she came to live in the tall tower. Just as Rapunzel was being born, her mother was dying. There was a magical flower that heals people not far from her town and people went out to look for it to save the queen. When they found it, they brought it to the queen and soaked it in water for her to drink. It saved her and Rapunzel was born with healing powers through her hair. Mother Gothel (Murphy) steals Rapunzel so she can keep living forever. One day Rapunzel meets Flynn Rider (Levi) by accident after he hides from guards in her tower. Rapunzel is dying to leave her tower to see the magical stars that appear every year on her birthday. She must persuade Flynn to take her out or he'll never see what he stole again.

Since Tangled came out in movie theaters, all I've heard is how great it was. It wasn't until this past January that I finally saw one of the most highly recommended movies from my friends. It's safe to say my expectations were high. Tangled was nothing like I thought it would be. I had no idea what the movie was about but I didn't realize Flynn would be a thief or that Rapunzel's hair had healing powers. It was a fun movie to watch but I couldn't say it was the best movie ever.

In my opinion, there was too much singing. Of course, what else could I expect from a Disney movie? It was cute and Pascal, Rapunzel's pet chameleon was funny. Rapunzel herself was full of innocence and had learned quite a few skills after living in a tower for almost eighteen years. Flynn was your average thief-turned-good at the end of the movie. Tangled had the humor and action that kept an audience interested but it won't be on my top favorite movies.

Tangled is fun for children as well as adults. It's worth buying because it is a movie children probably would want to watch over and over again. I should probably re-watch it to judge it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment